"Fuck me gently with a chainsaw" - Heathers

What an interesting night. Difficult to say the least, but I hide my emotions in the diet fluff of pastachio*.  I don't feel the need to give you personal details on who and what I hate about this world. I'll save it for my "Burn Book". BTW "Regina George is a fugly slut."

Tonight I needed camp. Life was a little too real, and I had to relinquish control, so I sought out the opposite.

Sometimes you neeeeeeed to do that. A show or movie can give you that laugh or cry, or refuge. I love to hate The Last Drive-in with Joe Bob Briggs. Buuttttt it was an episode about the movie Heathers. Tonight was a twisted win.

This show airs movies in entirety, and is IMO a take-off of Mystery Science Theatre but with less "in-movie" commentary. I still find myself watching each episode and escaping. His rants and opening monologues are hysterical and personally offensive, yet I keep going back for more abuse. The commentary IS clever and thought provoking, albeit oppositely opinionated, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes hearing such a polar view can shock you out of the feelings you're trapped in.

If you are a cinephile, watch an episode of this show as a plan "B". You'll watch a movie at worst. You may regret it, but you won't forget it. All views and opinions are welcome. Maybe we can find some common ground in the "B" movies of our lives. Today wasn't my first choice either.

Que Sera, Sera

Drive-by. Watch the rant below, and feel free to throw some freedom-of- speech fruit Joe Bob's way. 







Comments

  1. P*a*stachio will now forever be in the lexicon of our family jokebook... 🤣

    You are rockin' this blogging thing... 💜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts