Happy New Year! I will probably second guess everything I am writing per usual, so by the time I post this, it will be groundhog day. By the time I post this, it will be groundhog day. I decided to start a blog on New Year's Eve anyway. Why?

Why not? Here We Go...

This past year was life-changing for so many, including myself. Covid19. BLM. "He who shall not be named". I don't think theres enough webspace for me to continue them all. 

2020 had a lot of bad (like a lot), but it had lots of lessons and great things if you pulled out a magnifying glass.

I myself, have never been the guy that had my "ducks in a row", so this year really messed with my proverbial flock. 

I titled my blog "a drive-by fruiting" from Mrs. Doubtfire.  It is a memorable scene for most, but reminds me of the lengths we will go to be loved, and our personal "fruits" need to be thrown. 

My life is, and continues to be, organized chaos. And I have have accepted the things I cannot change. With that being said, I am extremely lucky to have a loving and supportive family, a good job, and a lot to be thankful for.

If I made one, my New Year's Resolution would be to love myself more. This idea of a journal/blog seemed cheaper than therapy, and with less personal guilt if I chose to abandon one.

A few quick things about me:

A) I am a lover of food and film. 

2) I am not an English major and honestly really terrible at making any type of list

C) Paper towels, laundry detergent, AAA batteries, dog food

I jokingly say I'm involuntarily celibate A.K.A. a gay, *Single*, bartender. But I am a proud Uncle Frank to my nephew, and pawdre 🐾 to my dog Holly,  The line starts here fellas -->

I hate starting sentences with "I", yet I am an eternal "work in progress" and it just seems to be a part of me. 

Trying to be the most genuine version of myself, and constantly inspired by my mom (a boy's best friend is his mother 😂) to keep moving forward.

I am not sure where I fit in this world, but I know I am not alone.

Cheers to the future, and what this year can bring!

"Auld Lang Syne" from the Sex and the City Soundtrack always gives me the feels


Drive-by. Throw some tomatoes if you do, or don't like my blog. It's a compliment because they are a fruit too!

Comments

  1. I f*cking love this, Rob! I am beyond honored that you shared the idea, not to mention the link, with me. "You is smart, you is kind, you is important", and I am proud to call you friend as well as son. Have fun with this new creative venture. Love you beyond words... 💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts