Let's start at the very beginning

A very good place to start

When you read you begin with A-B-C

When you sing you begin with do-re-mi

I am starting with do. 

I've been saying this line about "The Secret", a way to channel your positive thoughts in the right direction. But I feel like "The Sound of Music" said it first.

We have to start somewhere.

"My brother and Me" (old tv show loved by me, and my brother) reminded me of how we are on this constant journey together, no matter what.

I am starting a new one, different from his, but we have the same end goal. To love ourselves, and our loved ones, more fully and completely.

But maybe it starts with "Mi"

Sometimes you have to recalibrate your time and energy, my mom calls it "radical self-care", and currently I agree. I spent the entire day I had off from work doing things mostly for myself. I am not sleeping well (bought a mattress topper), My apartment smells like my dog, whom I love more than life (essential oil diffuser lol), I could continue on forever. 

Simple things we can do for ourselves make us able to do more for others. Take care of ME first. It's not selfish, it's "the secret".

I've found that more happiness I bring to others, makes me a happier person.

My kitchen looks like Scarface sneezed. Flour everywhere. But end result will be muffins for my co-workers on a saturday morning that no-one wants to be at work.

Drive-by and douse us all in essential oils. They might not be the fix to your problems necessarily, but it's a very good place to start.




.


Comments

  1. Agreed that life is just one big fat f*cking ripple effect. Karma. What goes around, comes around. As you sow, so shall you reap. Or, as The Beatles said/sang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tvSvjpcBuo

    P.S. Your Love Language is definitely Food! Thanks for deliciously veganizing so many dishes for me... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe "Mi" and you are finally onto something, with help from our loved ones constantly pushing and guiding us. And yes, even scarface would be impressed with our current kitchen situation.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts